The Bark & Branch Collection takes its inspiration from the intricacies of form and texture found in foliage from around the world. By interpreting plant forms in cast metal, Michael presents work which is evocative of a natural environment, transformed and redefined. Each piece is an intimate expression of Michael's individual creativity as well as an object of infinite and timeless meaning.
"For me, the shapes conjure a sense of freshness and fragility. At the same time the textures represent a metaphor for life itself – growth, vitality, pulsation. Everybody has an emotional response when they see natural objects. They are part of all of us. What I enjoy about these pieces is that in a way they are 'slices' of nature, small vignettes of the forest. It is fascinating to imagine the outside world infiltrating my interior spaces, as if the room is being gently consumed by nature." -Michael Aram
- (Holds 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 photo) 10.5"L x 8.5"W; Goldtone
Each Michael Aram metal object undergoes a series of grinding, buffing and polishing techniques. Variations or 'imperfections' in the product's finish are characteristic of the creation process. Due to this handmade nature, no two pieces are ever exactly alike.
Oxidized or Goldtone
- Wipe with soft cloth
- Do not clean with any chemical solvents
Directions for placing photo in frame
- Never move tab without loosening screw first as tab may snap. Loosen screw then move tab.
- Remove frame back and place in photo
- Place frame back in place
- Set tabs in correct position, then tighten screws in place
- Do not use tab to loosen or tighten screw. A screwdriver should be used.