Gently tapered and gracefully pleated, the broad opening of the Orleans Vases reveal a brilliant spectrum of light. Handmade, this vase is a dramatic statement on its own and sublime when filled with a simple gathering of budding blooms or an abundant bouquet of summer flowers.
A modern twist on ancient silhouettes, the Orleans collection was inspired by a treasure trove of ancient ceramic vessels that were brought to light after a Roman shipwreck was recently uncovered off the coast of France. Our artisans seek to capture that connection between the ancient and modern in every piece. Working in a flow of synchronized precision, glassblowers draw on their immense skill to maintain the deep optic by hand, manipulating the molten glass to create the shape without throwing off the balance of the glass. The process is particularly complex, requiring a rare mastery of proportion to maintain a leveled surface. Handmade in our Vermont workshop, the Orleans collection is defined by its luminous shapes and a dynamic sense of scale.
- Handmade by Simon Pearce glassblowers using centuries-old techniques.
- Available in M, and L.
- Medium: 9¼" H x 7¼" W x 7¼" D, 80 ounces
- Large: 12½" H x 9¾" W x 9¾" D, 218 ounces
- Materials: Glass
- Made in: USA
- Hand-wash with warm water and mild detergent.
- Do not expose glass to extreme heat changes, such as filling with hot liquid or placing in the freezer. A shock in temperature can cause fractures.